Test Impedance of AC Circuits per ANSI/ESD S6.1
- Designed for 120 Volts AC Hot Neutral and Ground
- Measures Ground Impedance per ANSI/ESD S6.1
- Neutral & Ground Wires Verification per ANSI/ESD S6.1
- Verifies that Hot & Neutral are not reversed
- Verifies that Hot & Equipment Ground are not reversed
- Line Voltage
- True RMS
- Peak Voltage
- Ground to neutral voltage
- Hot and neutral conductor impedances
- Identifies false (bootleg) grounds
- Tests GFCIs and EPDs for proper operation
- Identifies proper wiring in 3-wire receptacles
Proper wiring is crucial to ensure safety and performance of Branch circuits. From a safety perspective, shock hazards and fires are mainly due to poor installation or failure of protective devices, such as GFCIs. From a performance perspective, electrical equipment and high-tech devices are found everywhere in residential and commercial buildings. They require reliable power to operate and function properly to ensure their longevity.
The unit is designed for 120 volts AC Hot Neutral and Ground only. It is protected in the event of a miswired outlet in the US electrical system to 240 VAC, but should be immediately unplugged and no tests performed until the voltage is corrected. Obviously that is not applicable in countries where the standard voltage is 240 H to N. The unit is not intended for nor is suitable for any other use than 120 VAC at 60 hertz.
Meets requirement from ANSI/ESD S6.1.