Have confidence in your measurements
The PRS-801B Resistance System provides the resolution and accuracy to efficiently measure resistance point-to-point (Rtt) and resistance-to-ground (Rtg) of floors, worksurfaces, carts, garments, packaging, planar material in accordance with all of the ESD Association documents for resistance measurements, such as ESD TR53, ANSI/ESD S4.1, ANSI/ESD S7.1, ANSI/ESD STM97.1, ANSI/STM S11.11, ANSI/STM S11.12 and ANSI/STM S11.13.
The ideal tool for product qualification
The PRS-801B digital resistance meter has an outstanding performance combination of measurement speed, wide range and accuracy. Its constant test voltage system is extremely stable and consistent with lab level, bench top instruments.
The widest range meter
The PRS-801B’s wide range offers the maximum flexibility in measurement applications. The PRS-801B is the only battery operated meter with a range of 0.01 Ω to 2.00x1014 Ω. In fact, the PRS-801B serves as 3 instruments in 1:
- A low resistance range meter for measurements from 0.01 to 1.0x104 Ω. Most portable instruments do not measure accurately at or below 1.0x103 ohms. Therefore, a typical ESD Auditor must carry a digital multimeter for low resistance checks of ground connections.
- A wide resistance range audit meter to meet ANSI/ESD S20.20 and TR53 procedures from 1.00x103 to 1.00x1011 Ω. Measurement guidelines require accurate measurements from one decade below to one decade above the resistance requirements of a facility’s ESD program. The PRS-801B easily exceeds this requirement by as much as 3 decades, depending on program requirements.
- Precision high resistance measurement instrument for Packaging to S541 Standards, material and product testing and acceptance verification.
Few competitive instruments can measure accurately up to or beyond 1.00x1011 ohms, while the PRS-801B comfortably measures up to 2.00x1014 ohms.
There are no audit instruments or laboratory bench top instruments that perform in the PRS-801’s wide range
Designed to be more productive and work more efficiently
- Large easy to read 6 digit, 7 segment color display
- Easily toggle between exponential and ohmic measurements on the display
- Internal memory capable of storing and recalling up to 999 data sets
- Programmable color LED’s indicating resistance ranges
- Easy-access door for fast battery changes without breaking the calibration seal
- Battery status indicator on the display
- Charges while being used, without removing the battery
Connect to virtually any 2-wire fixture or electrode configuration. The PRS-801B’s simple ¾ inch terminal spacing provides connectivity to a variety of electrodes and fixtures.
- Terminal design allows use of mechanically shielded or non-shielded banana plug leads
- BNC adapters with ¾ inch spacing mount directly to the PRS-801B terminals for measurements with wide range probes and fixtures
- An instrument reference allows use of a third wire instrument reference to minimize effects of extraneous fields on precision fixture measurements
The PRS-801B is one of the fastest measurement instruments in today’s precision measurement market. Laboratory tests confirm the PRS-801B can measure from 0 to 1.0x1012 ohms in 2.5 seconds. Thus, its specified electrification period (EP) is 15 seconds in accordance with ANSI/ESD STM 11.11 Surface Resistance of Planar Materials. Furthermore, its EP is automatically adjusted to insure a stable measurement is displayed.
Multiple modes of operation
The PRS-801B has Automatic, Manual, Auto-Manual and Continuous operational modes, plus exponential display or standard numeric display in Ω, KΩ, MΩ, GΩ and TΩ. It’s easy to use and read. Measurements are summarized in decades using multiple LED’s from <103 to >1014, whose colors are user programmable to be RED, GREEN or YELLOW.
Constant test voltages
PRS-801B has three Test Voltages ranges that provide stable test references for repeatable measurements. In AUTO mode, the instrument automatically selects the proper test voltage for the resistance being measured.
- <10 Volts: 0.01 to 9.99x103 Ω
<10V is variable across this range from 0.1 mV to 9.99V
- 10 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load
Constant at 1.00x104 to 9.99x105 Ω
- 100 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load
Constant at 1.00x106 to 2.00x1014 Ω
Take thousands of measurements on a single charge
New high-performance batteries take advantage of Li-ion technology to keep you going strong for almost 500 hours on a single charge. Typically, the PRS-801B will take approximately 8,000 measurements before you need to charge it. And with the easy-access battery door you can make battery swaps fast.
The 801B-012 battery packs have been tested and were found to comply with the criteria of “UN Model Regulations, Manual of Test and Criteria, ST/SG/AC.10/11/Rev.7 Part III, subsection 38.3”, also known as “UN38.3”. As a result they can be shipped unrestricted internationally by any means.
High quality test leads
Prostat’s 10 foot test leads supplied with the PRS-801B consist of hundreds of fine strands of copper that offer flexibility and accuracy. The outer insulation of each test lead is high grade silicon with an extremely high resistance to minimize measurement errors. These leads are designed for convenient audit measurements in the manufacturing environment up to 1.00x1012 Ω.
The 800PSL and 800TVL high performance test leads harness are designed for high resistance measurements in the 1012 to 1014 range. It includes a shielded negative test lead for accuracy and minimum electrical interference from personnel and equipment. The shield is connected directly to the PRS-801B instrument reference and fixture ground.
Download data with Prostat Connect 2.0
Not only does the PRS-801B make accurate measurements quickly, it documents measurement data immediately or in batch downloads to your Excel® Spreadsheet program. This minimizes transposition mistakes and speeds up precision measurements. The included Prostat Connect 2.0 software is easy to load and use. The PRS-801B connects to your computer’s USB port using the provided USB cable.
- In the Auto Connect mode, you can control the PRS-801B measurement sequence so that each data point is downloaded to the spreadsheet at the conclusion of each measurement. The Spreadsheet cursor automatically moves to the next data entry cell in preparation for the subsequent measurement.
- Once as many as 999 data points are stored in the PRS-801B’s memory, they can be downloaded to a spreadsheet at a later time. Each data point will be placed in its own spreadsheet cell.
- When Connect 2.0 is used, a backup Text file is maintained for every measurement set, its date, time and location should you desire.
- The Connect 2.0 utility is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows from XP all the way to Windows 10.