Portable, precision resistance measurement from 0.10 to 1.00 x 1012 ohms.
- Wide Range Resistance: 0.10 Ω to 1.00x1012 Ω
- Accuracy of ±2% from 1.00 Ω to 9.99x1010Ω
- Constant Test voltages 10V and 100V for specification measurements to meet international and domestic ESD measurement standards
- Auto Resistance Range Control
- Auto Test Voltage Control
- Uses a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery Pack
- Takes Approximately 8,000 Measurements on a Single Charge (480 hours typical)
- 120 Data Set Internal Memory
- Uses Standard USB Cable for Charging
- Charges in 2 Hours
- 2-year Limited Warranty on Main Instrument
The ideal choice for the ESD Auditor
The PRS-812B Resistance Meter delivers the full-featured functionality and advanced measurement capabilities that ESD Auditors need. It puts a lot of testing power in your hands to quickly and efficiently measure resistance point-to-point (Rtt) and resistance-to-ground (Rtg) of floors, worksurfaces, carts, garments, packaging, planar material in accordance with all of the ESD Association documents for resistance measurements, such as ESD TR53, ANSI/ESD S4.1, ANSI/ESD S7.1 and ANSI/ESD STM97.1.
Fully automatic for peace of mind
The PRS-812B uses 3 modes of measurements: Automatic, Manual and Auto-Manual. When measuring in Automatic mode, the resistance range and test voltage is automatically selected for you. Auto mode gives you peace of mind and saves you time.
A very accurate resistance meter
The PRS-812B’s wide range meter offers fast, accurate resistance testing using the included high quality 10 foot test leads. The low resistance range is designed to measure from 0.10 to 1.0x104 Ω.
The PRS-812B also meets ANSI/ESD S20.20 and TR53 procedure requirements from 1.00x103 to 1.00x1011 Ω. Measurement guidelines require accurate measurements one decade above the resistance requirements of a facility’s ESD program.
Under load test voltages
Uses constant voltage under load
for 10 volts and 100 volts with an accuracy of ± .05%, meeting the requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20 resistance testing for product qualification and compliance verification. The low resistance range uses variable voltage from 0.1 mv to 9.99 V.
Long lasting battery
The PRS-812B uses
a 3 cell Li-ion battery pack that will last typically 480 hours, taking more than 8,000 measurements before you will need to charge it. Charging is accomplish without removing the battery pack, using the included USB cable and wall charger. The Micro USB cable allows you to charge the PRS-812B via the USB port of your computer. Also included is a wall charger with interchangeable AC blades for global use that includes North America, Europe, United Kingdom, Australia, and China.
Other useful capabilities:
• Displays resistance measurements in either scientific or ohmic format
• Includes USB cable and charger for fast charging through computer or wall outlet
• Approximately 8,000 measurements on a single charge
• Internal memory for storing and recalling up to 120 data sets
• Li-Ion battery pack fully tested and complies with UN38.3
• Easy-access door for fast battery changes without breaking the calibration seal
• Battery status indicator on the display
• Charges while being used, without removing the battery
The 801B-012 battery packs have been tested and were found to comply with the criteria of “UN Model Regulations, Manual of Test and Criteria, ST/SG/AC.10/11/Rev.7 Part III, subsection 38.3”, also known as “UN38.3”. As a result they can be shipped unrestricted internationally by any means.